Chorizo and Broad Bean Risotto Recipe
I have to admit here that I don’t like true risotto (I find the rice is too creamy for my liking), so I adapt this chorizo and broad bean risotto recipe with ordinary long grain white rice. I cook all the ingredients as per the recipe, but them add them to rice that I’ve already cooked. Sacriledge, I know, but I do like to be different!
Anyway, here’s the proper way to make this recipe…
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 rashers smoked bacon, diced
- 1 med onion, chopped small
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 300g chorizo, sliced
- 300g Arborio rice
- 1ltr chicken stock
- 300g broad beans – frozen are fine
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan & add the bacon, onion and chorizo.
- Cook on a low heat for 10mins, stirring continuously
- Add the minced garlic and stir
- Stir in the rice, making sure it gets well coated.
- Add enough stock to just cover the rice, bring to a simmer and cook until all liquid has gone.
- Repeat, adding the stock a little at a time
- Add the broad beans with the last of the stock, and cook, for 3 or 4 minutes
This will serve 4 people.