The Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Although there has been controversy surrounding the use of coconut oil, recent studies assert there are definitive health benefits in using the oil.
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which is a saturated fatty acid that has an anti-microbial component.
More importantly, the anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties in coconut oil are now widely accepted as a healthy alternative that can be utilized in a variety of areas:
* In its purest form, coconut oil contributes to healthy hair. For use on the skin, it is not only a great moisturizer, but can help in the treatment of eczema and other skin conditions.
* Coconut oil has also been effective in weight loss, since it suppresses the appetite. In conjunction with this, it has also been attributed to help treat thyroid conditions.
* The saturated fat in this oil can lower cholesterol levels as well as reduce hypertension.
* Known as an antioxidant, it aids in preventing diseases that cause degeneration and can slow down the aging process.
* Coconut oil is effective in improving digestion problems which are caused by bacteria. It also allows for vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to be digested and absorbed more easily.
* Listeria can occur among pregnant women who may have ingested raw milk. Coconut oil can protect against this bacterium as well as destroy viruses which are known to cause measles, herpes, and the flu. Moreover, studies have shown that it is effective in preventing yeast infections as well.
* Coconut oil is effective for diabetics in that it can control sugar levels.
* This oil may help prevent liver disease and gall bladder conditions as well as rid the body of kidney stones.
* Coconut oil is effective in helping to prevent osteoporosis.
* It has been known to decrease symptoms linked with CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome).
* It promotes a healthy complexion.
* Studies have shown it may protect the body from developing certain types of cancer.
* Coconut oil can reduce the number of epileptic seizures.
* It can prevent skin infections.
* Research indicates that coconut oil can be an effective treatment adjunct for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
What is so unique about coconut oil is that unlike other oils, this oil a rich source of Medium-chain Tryglicerides that increase your energy levels.
One reason why it is widely used among individuals who weight train is because it is easily converted into an energy-building source in the body.
As you can see (and as the inhabitants of South Pacific Islands have know for generations) coconut really is a superfood with, as yet, undiscovered potential for even more benefits to health
We’ve got several different types of coconut oil in the shop. Call in & have a browse.