This UK first, a probiotic for cholesterol, is ideal if you
- have high or medium cholesterol levels
- want to reduce your statin dosage
- want to avoid statins
- want to prevent high cholesterol
If you’re worried about your cholesterol levels, you’re not on your own! The British Heart Foundation statistics reveal that 60% of the UK adult population have high cholesterol.
Plus, 75% of over 45 year olds have high cholesterol, increasing the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
A new formula from Optibac (called “For Your Cholesterol”) has been clinically proven to lower your cholesterol by (on average) 14% in just 3 months. It achieves this by operating in 6 distinct mechanisms:-
1) The probiotics found in “For Your Cholesterol” break down bile salts in your gut. As a result, your liver must create more bile by using cholesterol from the blood. This lowers your LDL (harmful) cholesterol levels.
2) These specific probiotic strains produce a beneficial short-chain fatty acid which signals to your liver to produce less cholesterol.
3)These probiotics also capture and metabolise dietary cholesterol in your gut, therefore reducing its absorption into your blood stream.
4)The other major component of this formula – Omega 3 – regulates the production of cholesterol in your liver.
5)Omega 3 is a good polyunsaturated fat which improves the ratio of good to bad fat consumed in your diet. This is essential for healthy cholesterol levels.
6) The probiotics and Omega 3 all work at reducing inflammation in your body which, in turn, helps to slow down plaque build up in your arteries.
Clinically trialled and tested
Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) has undergone numerous clinical trials demonstrating its efficacy at helping to maintain normal cholesterol levels, and the ability of this particular omega 3 (ALA) to support health has been validated by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Our high quality ALA is sourced from cold pressed virgin flax seed oil.
The live cultures in this supplement (‘AB-Life’ Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527,Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7528, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7529) have undergone a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled clinical trial which was been published in the British Journal of Nutrition in May 2013. What’s more these strains have been tested and shown to survive environmental stressors and gastric acidity, to survive to reach the gut alive.
And, whilst stocks last, you can get 3 months supply for half price. Call in to the shop, or click here for more information.